If you’ve ever watched television for more than five minutes at a time, then there’s a solid chance you’ve seen the Lincoln commercial featuring everyone’s favorite Texan, Matthew McConaughey. “It’s not about hugging trees. It’s not about being wasteful, either. You just gotta find that balance.”
If you’re having trouble finding that balance, you’ll definitely want to let Specialty Answering Service handle your calls. Enlisting the help of an answering service to manage your phone support can help you “Go Green” and “Save Green” at the same time, granola optional. Call centers are an eco-friendly, small business outsourcing solution that will leave you with so much time, you won’t have to wait for Arbor Day to plant a forest.
Here are 6 ways Specialty Answering Service is helping save the planet:
- The days of paper calendars are long gone. So, go ahead – recycle your day planner and your desk pad. In most cases, your call center can set appointments directly on your online calendar and message you when new appointments are booked.
- Cubicles, desks and computers, oh my. With customer service housed outside of your office, you’ll save on office supplies, desks, chairs, phones and computers, not to mention employees’ salaries, benefits, paid time off, etc.
- Downsizing gets a bad rap, but just think of the resources you’ll reclaim. Call centers answer for bunch of industries and businesses across the world, which often translates into less staff to employ. That enables those businesses to reduce their carbon footprint by decreasing the use of paper products, plastics, Styrofoam, water consumption, energy, and more.
- Who needs paper and pencils, anyway? Handwriting is overrated. Paper and writing utensils aren’t permitted on the call center floor. All of the information the operators collect is documented electronically and available on-the-go. No paper messages or wooden pencils mean more trees get to stay firmly planted in the earth. Woohoo!
- Forget the backhoe. Depending on the type of small business you run, you may not even need to dig up a brick-and-mortar office, as many customer service issues can be addressed remotely. Bricks and mortar are made of clay (and other stuff), and clay (and other stuff) comes from the earth. No physical office = happier dirt.
- Outsourcing calls gives you more hours in the day to focus on your existing customers as well as establish relationships with prospective customers. This sense of freedom will offer you peace of mind while creating a meditative state. In meditation, you’ll be sending out good vibes. And good vibes heal the earth.
If you want your business to go green, get an answering service! Heck, we’ll even give you a list of ways to reuse your old desk phone. When you’re ready for a more balanced approach to customer service, sign up for a free trial with feature-rich SAS, and find out what the right call center can do for you. Your valued customers will appreciate being able to connect with you 24/7/365, and you’ll reduce overhead while making an environmentally-friendly, financially-sound choice for your small business.