For more information about about any of our telephone answering services or call center services, call 1-888-532-4794 or fill out our contact form.
- Answering Service Pricing
- An Affordable Answering Service
- Call Center Directory
- Call Center Pricing
- Telecommunications Glossary
- VoIP Answering Services
- Message Delivery Options
Try Our Answering Service For Free.
Return to learning more about our answering service.
Return to our main telecommunications glossary page.
Telecommunication Glossary - B
- Blocked Call: A call that cannot be connected immediately because; one, no circuit is available at the time the call arrives, or two, the "Automatic Call Distributor" is programmed to block calls from entering the queue when the queue backs up beyond a defined threshold.
- Board Hours: Average number of agents occupying positions during an hour. It is a relationship of total agent occupied positions to the number of scans done by the switch.
- Business Office: Work location for customer service, collections, and repair service agents. (Also called Customer Service Center)
- Busy (CDN): The number of calls given a busy tone when routed to this CDN, due to a setting in the telephone system (Supervisor Control of Queue Size). Calls treated with the busy tone are noted with a B next to the entry in the telephone system data.
- Busy (Queue): An agent is considered Busy when he/she is logged into the telephone system and is engaged on an ACD call, engaged on a Non-ACD call, or in the Not Ready state. An agent is not considered Busy when he/she is in the Waiting state (waiting for an ACD call to be routed to the agent's telephone).
- Busy Time: The cumulative amounts of time that an agent in the ACD queue spends in the ACD state, the Not Ready state, or the Non-ACD state. Basically, the total amount of agent position manned time minus the total amount of agent position waiting time.
© 2011 Specialty Answering Service, All Rights Reserved