For more information about about any of our telephone answering services or call center services, call 1-888-532-4794 or fill out our contact form.
- Answering Service Overview
- Call Center Technology
- Answering Service Pricing
- An Affordable Answering Service
- Call Center Communications
- About Our Services
- About Our Call Center
- Call Center Directory
- Call Center Pricing
- Message Delivery Options
- Telecommunications Glossary
- Answering Service Benefits
- VoIP Answering Services
Try Our Answering Service For Free.
Return to learning more about our answering service.
Return to our main telecommunications glossary page.
Telecommunication Glossary - G
- Gateway: The "Gateway" is the entrance and exit to any network system. A gateway provides network access to use remote services or systems or connects multiple computers together using a shared resource. Gateways can connect multiple computers and can also be used as a type of translation service between methods of communication (such as mail systems) that are incompatible with each other.
- GUI: Also known as Graphic User Interface, it is the computer interface that provides a user friendly for the end user to communicate with the computer program and manipulate its functions without having any programming knowledge.
- Ground-Start (GS) Signaling: GS signaling is a a network supervisory signaling system that provides a battery power source that forces the local switching system to interpret a signal and provide a dial tone. A ground is provided on a ring lead which causes DC current to flow from the battery.
- Group Address: A single email address that routes to multiple email address or a single address on a telecom network that manages multiple network devices.
© 2011 Specialty Answering Service, All Rights Reserved