For more information about about any of our telephone answering services or call center services, call 1-888-532-4794 or fill out our contact form.
- Answering Service Pricing
- An Affordable Answering Service
- Call Center Directory
- Call Center Pricing
- Telecommunications Glossary
- VoIP Answering Services
- Message Delivery Options
Try Our Answering Service For Free.
Return to learning more about our answering service.
Return to our main telecommunications glossary page.
Telecommunication Glossary - H
- Handling time: Time a call center representative spends talking to a caller plus the time the representative spends processing the call afterwards.
- HDCP: see Hold Direct Call Processing Time
- Help desk: Type of call center call that involves product use and support. Common for computer hardware and software applications.
- Hold Direct Call Processing Time (HDCP): The time (in seconds) that each agent spent with an ACD call placed on Hold. Hold time is measured from the time the agent puts the ACD call on Hold to the time the agent becomes active on the call again or the caller abandons the call. When Hold time appears, the DCP time does not include the HDCP time; the DCP time is the time that the agents are active on the call, excluding holding time of ACD calls. HDCP only appears in the data from the telephone system is the data output is set for Totals (rather than the usual Averages).
- High Priority Trunks (HPR): The number of trunks designated as High Priority. Calls being routed to an ACD queue via a High Priority Trunk are presented before another queue's Timed Overflow queue (TOFQ) calls.
- Historical Data: A record of past call and work volume activity and Average Work Time (AWT) which is analyzed by Force Managers to develop forecasts for tour schedules. (See also ABD – Average Business Day.)
- HPR Trunks: see High Priority Trunks
© 2011 Specialty Answering Service, All Rights Reserved