For more information about about any of our telephone answering services or call center services, call 1-888-532-4794 or fill out our contact form.
- Answering Service Overview
- Call Center Technology
- Answering Service Pricing
- An Affordable Answering Service
- Call Center Communications
- About Our Services
- About Our Call Center
- Call Center Directory
- Call Center Pricing
- Message Delivery Options
- Telecommunications Glossary
- Answering Service Benefits
- VoIP Answering Services
Try Our Answering Service For Free.
Return to learning more about our answering service.
Return to our main telecommunications glossary page.
Telecommunication Glossary - V
- Voice Response Unit (VRU): Also called Interactive Voice Response Unit (IVR) or Audio Response Unit (ARU). A device with speech recognition that captures information from a caller through them keying numbers on the phone or by a verbal answer. When integrated with a database on a computer, callers can interact with the database system to check current information e.g., account balances, order status, etc., all without speaking to a person.
© 2011 Specialty Answering Service, All Rights Reserved