How do you measure success at your company? By how many likes you get on Facebook? How many employees decide to jump ship or stay for the long haul? How many testimonials you have posted on your website? There are about 8 million ways to determine the effectiveness of your business.
In business, the quantifiable measure of achievement is called a metric. In this infographic, we’ll look at call center metrics, or KPIs (key performance indicators) that call centers use to evaluate performance. Take a look below at the ways we determine the quality of our answering service using 3 call center metric categories.
From the infographic above, you can see that call centers deal in 3 broad metrics categories: service, quality, and performance.
Service metrics are measured by:
- Blockage – number of callers who receive a busy signal
- Hours of Operation – number of calls received during off hours
- Abandoned Calls – number of hang-ups
- Speed of Service – average speed of answer + queue time
Quality metrics are measured by:
- Error Rates – the amount of rework needed due to errors during calls
- Call Etiquette – assessed by recording and analyzing calls
- Agent Knowledge – the agent’s ability to answer the caller’s questions
Performance metrics are measured by:
- After Call Work Time – the time that the agent spends in post-call paperwork
- Average Handling Time – total time it takes to handle a call
- On-Hold Time – amount of time that a caller is kept on hold
To learn more about metrics for inbound call center agents and monitoring answering service performance, we invite you to read our white paper.
If you’re writing about call center reporting metrics on your own website, please copy the code below to use this infographic:
<img title=”Call Center Metrics Infographic” alt=”Call Center Metrics Infographic” src=”https://www.specialtyansweringservice.net/wp-content/uploads/Call_Center_Metrics_Infographic.jpg” width=”1024″ height=”7040″ />
<pre><em>Image originally posted on <a href=”https://www.specialtyansweringservice.net/call-center-metrics-infographic/”>The SAS Blog</a></em>