Your employees need a safe way to report workplace misconduct. You need a service you can trust to keep their calls confidential.
Specialty Answering Service’s whistleblower hotline – also known as a compliance hotline, ethical hotline, or employee hotline – is an essential tool that helps businesses with corporate governance by uncovering issues early – before they become problems. Every industry requires a method for reporting incidents that occur in the workplace, but many employees remain silent in fear of retaliation for their honesty. Having a method that is safe and secure is vital for employees and stakeholders, and can ultimately protect both the employer and the employee in cases of misconduct, which results in a safer workplace. Whether Billy is making inappropriate comments to Jane, or Michael is being generous on his time sheet, we can help you sort out any issue. Outsourcing calls to a 3rd party, like SAS is a great way to assure your employees information will stay confidential and will hopefully encourage more people to report such things when they arise.
According to the Harvard Law School, it is estimated that two-thirds of companies in the U.S lose an average of 1.2% in revenue each year due to fraudulent activity in the workplace. For big and small firms alike, employees need a confidential way to report misconduct. For about $1 a day, SAS can help.
SASA Secure Compliance Hotline Service
1 in 5 American workers possesses personal knowledge of workplace fraud and abuse, and 39% of all workers would be more inclined to report fraud if they had an avenue to remain anonymous. Having a whistleblower hotline in place isn’t just good ethics; it’s good business. Our confidential and anonymous ethics hotline can help you eliminate dishonesty in the workplace and empower your employees.
What We Can Do.
Whether you’re a large corporation or a small mom and pop shop, you need to make sure you are creating a safe place for your employees to work. Being proactive about workplace issues means having a reporting mechanism in place for catching problems early. Retaining a low-cost employee hotline through SAS gives you a reporting solution that is available and monitored 24/7/365 by a real person. Our live operators are available day and night to guide employees through your scripted questions and your unique protocols. With a hotline solution in place from SAS, you don’t have to worry about any issues being ignored. Your employees can call anytime knowing that someone will be there with a friendly voice to answer.
- Keep Data Logged in Our Secure Online Portal: One of the great features Specialty offers is access to a free, secure online portal which stores all of your messages under one login. What’s even better, is that you have control over who has access to the portal. Instead of keeping logs in your office which could potentially get leaked, our online portal provides you with the date/time stamp of each call and the actual message that was provided to our operators. That way when you need to have a meeting with an employee to discuss his or her work behavior, you have solid, concrete data to back you up. No more “he said, she said” here!
- Provide Specialty Hotlines: There are a variety of regulatory agencies that may require a reporting hotline. We can coordinate with entities such as; OSHA, to manage workplace safety and health, the SEC for Sarbanes-Oxley violations (SOX) to regulate accounting or auditing practices, Human Resources to manage any harassment, favoritism, racism, or discrimination claims, the FDA to regulate any food or drugs used for consumption, the FAA to ensure all aviation technology and protocols are safe (including both civil and military aircraft), the EPA to help protect any violations against the environment, and the DOD, for reporting any fraud or misconduct within the government, just to name a few.
- Answer Your Calls 24/7: A compliance hotline is a valuable asset in that it gives employees the freedom to call whenever they feel comfortable, not just during business hours. Specialty’s team of 300+ professionally trained virtual receptionists are available day and night to answer your calls and log any issues.
- Streamline Calls: If your office has several departments, we can screen callers to see which department they are calling from/for. Then we can ask them a series of pointed questions per your instruction, and send those messages to the appropriate department supervisor. Instead of taking the time to sift through messages and delegate each one to the correct person, you are able to spend your time more productively.
- Number Options: We can provide you with a toll free number, or any US based local number to use as your employee hotline.
- Provide a Low Cost Solution: Public companies are required by law to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley, or SOX, act by providing a means for reporting questionable accounting. Private companies are not required by law to have an ethics hotline. If you are required or not, SAS has entry level plans to make sure having a hotline in place isn’t a financial burden on any type of company. For about $1 a day, we can make sure you stay compliant if required, and are compliant if you elect to be.
As a business owner, your ideal goal is to have your daily procedures move without a hitch. Unfortunately, the reality is that the road to success is littered with obstacles, which is why SAS is here to help smooth things out. 94.9% of businesses have some form of a fraud hotline in place, and teaming up with our 3rd party compliance service to field those calls helps create a safe, unbiased platform for your employees, which allows you to focus on the bigger picture.
- Anonymity: When your employees call our anonymous hotline service, they don’t have to worry about providing any distinguishable information that might give them away, if they don’t want to. Our operators can simply take down who was involved, where and when the incident happened, if anything was done about it and any other information they are willing to provide. When your employees know that they won’t face any repercussions for calling the hotline they can feel comfortable with their decision and it will hopefully encourage others to reach out as well.
- Flexibility: We can develop your hotline solution to gather whatever data necessary from the employee, like place of incident, party or parties involved in the misconduct, and time and date the issue occurred. Your employees are free to leave feedback with a live operator and remain 100% anonymous, or you can include a path in your script to ask the caller if they would like to provide their contact information, like their name or employee identification number.
- Employee Satisfaction & Retention: If your employees feel like they have no where to turn to better their work environment, the chances of them leaving increases drastically. Therefore, if your business has a quick employee turn around that means you have to spend extra time teaching new people how to do the job, which creates more work on your part, and a bigger headache. Utilizing an employee hotline service = happy employees, which creates a productive work environment, and a productive work environment helps create more business.
- Reduced Incidents & Increased Performance: Educating employees about the hotline and encouraging its use in your organization will discourage unwanted behaviors among employees. In addition, without the fear of retaliation, employees are more likely to report wrongdoing sooner. This can limit the company’s liability for issues like harassment and discrimination claims, which can also help to improve your companies reputation as employees are less likely to resort to bad mouthing on social media.
- Encourage Reporting by Outsourcing: If you maintain an in-house reporting hotline, your employees may never feel truly anonymous. Word always spreads inside any sized office no matter how much you try to prevent it. Unless your compliance hotline crew comes into work through a separate entrance and roll around your halls in soundproof tinted bubbles, your hotline will never be truly confidential. Using a third party call center like SAS makes sense.
Start protecting your business and your employees. Make the call today, and find out how we can provide a low cost answering service solution for the safety and security of your company. We are confident in the services we provide, and we want you to feel the same way. That is why we offer a 2-week free trial. Experience the difference that the right national call center can make in your day-to-day operations. Specialty is the leading whistleblower hotline service, making convenient, anonymous reporting accessible to everyone in your employ.