There are three ways in which SAS may collect personal information from you: you provide it; we collect it automatically through our Online Services or Mobile Apps; or we collect it in conjunction with a request for help from our support staff.
1. Information You Provide: Through the use of our Services, such as through User Portals, Web Forms, Live Chat Software, Telephone Calls, and other interactions, you may voluntarily choose to provide SAS with personal information. This user-provided information may include any of the following:
– Contact Information: We may use your contact information, such as your Name, Phone Number, and Email address, to send you service-related notices or announcements, and information about other products or services that we provide.
– Business Information: This may include information such as your Employees’ Names and Addresses, your Employees’ Phone Numbers, your Business Address information, and your call flow preferences.
– Original Content: You may also submit original content to us, such as through operator ratings, email templates, document uploads, and scripting preferences, or other channels, all of which is covered under licenses in our Terms of Service, describing other rights that you grant to us.
– Payment Processing: If you are a paid user of our Services and have provided your credit card or banking information, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information, such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information, which can include your Credit Card or Bank Account Number, Billing Address, and Phone Number, is shared with third-party payment processing and receivable management companies.
2. Information We Collect Automatically: We may also collect certain information from you automatically, using Web Technologies such as Cookies, Logs, Device Identifiers, Web Beacons, and Web Analytic Software.
We use temporary and permanent Cookies to uniquely identify your browser or to store settings or other information on your device. These Cookies may include HTTP Cookies, HTML5 Cookies, or other types of Cookie storage, such as browser-based storage. If temporary Cookies are used, these Cookies will be removed from your computer each time you close your browser. Keep in mind that if you have turned Cookies off, you may not be able to use or access certain features of our Services. If you elect to have our Services remember your username, we tie Cookie information to your Email address so as to maintain your preferences within our websites.
Some pages of our websites and the emails we send in conjunction with the Services we provide may include Web Beacons, or small single-pixel images, that are used along with Cookies to analyze how our site is used or to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to improve our Services by gauging the effectiveness of our Customer Communications.
In conjunction with the gathering of information through Cookies, we may log information such as your device type, browser type, operating system, language, time zone, country, and other location information or system settings. We may also record information such as the address of the page that referred you to our websites, your IP address, and what pages you visit while using our Services.
We may use third-party Web Analytic Software, including but not limited to Google Analytics. This software helps us better understand and serve the users of our Services by analyzing how our users interact with our Services. Any information collected by this technology is disclosed to and collected by the third-party Web Analytic Software software providers.
If you download and use our Mobile Apps, we may collect information such as the type of device you are using, the operating system, the device’s IFDA (iOS) or MAC address, the IP address of your device, and your location.
Any data we collect is used to help run SAS. We never sell or rent any personal information to a third-party and only use data in connection with the reason it was provided. The purposes for which we may use the data we collect can include:
-Communicating with you about Products, Services, or Promotions by sending Newsletters and other Marketing Communications
-Providing you with predictions about other services that SAS provides, which you may be interested in
-To better understand users and to help us improve the content and functionality of our Services
-Performing diagnostics on our Services to evaluate their operations and how people are using them
-Processing and responding to troubleshooting requests to answer questions or solve problems
-Maintaining our CRM, Billing, and Customer Information Databases
-Improving our business, including developing new products or services, and performing accounting, billing, or collections activities
You may be allowed to visit certain Services without providing any Personal Data. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data when prompted, you may not be able to use certain Services.
We do not sell Personal Data. However, if we work with any partners or subcontractors, they may have access to your data to perform their duties. There are also certain circumstances where we may share your Personal Data with third parties without notice or consent by you. These can include:
– Legal Requirements: We may share your Personal Data (i) if required to do so through any law, court order, or regulation; (ii) to comply with a legal obligation such as responding to requests by law enforcement agencies; (iii) to protect and defend the rights of SAS if we deem it necessary to prevent harm, injury, or loss; (iv) in connection with an internal investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity; or (v) to protect against legal liability.
– Business Transfers: In the event of a corporate sale, merger, or a similar event, Personal Data will likely be included as part of the sale of the business or transferred assets.
– Links to Other Websites: Throughout our Services, you may find links to third-party websites where those websites have privacy policies that may differ from those of SAS. The Policies described here only apply to the Services SAS provides. Links coming from our Services do not imply endorsement by SAS or a review by SAS. We encourage our users to carefully read the privacy statements of any websites you visit.
– Children: SAS does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any Personal Data through our Services. Users between 13 and 18 years of age may require your parent(s) or guardian(s) to consent to your use of our Services. Please check the rules of your country before using our Services. If you have doubt, please do not use our Services or provide us with any information.
– Bill.com and Paytrace: We use two third-party payments processors, Bill.com and Paytrace, to process payments for our Services. Your payment and transaction data is stored in Bill.com and Paytrace’s storage. When you post a credit card payment for our Services through Bill.com, Paytrace stores your credit card data and is required to follow all laws related to PCI compliancy, such as those pertaining to encryption and deletion of transaction information.
– Security: The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. While we maintain industry standards with respect to storing, processing, and protecting data from breach or misuse, no method of sending data over the Internet or email is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your Personal Identifiable Information. Please take special care in deciding what information to send to SAS via our Services or via email.
We strive to keep your Personal Data as complete and accurate as possible. If necessary, we will take any reasonable steps to update any data you have provided through our Services.
If you would like to access, correct, or amend any personal information we may have about you, or if you have any questions about these or any of Specialty Answering Service’s Terms of Service or Privacy Policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll show you how our web portal works and answer any questions you have about SAS.Schedule a demo