When you call a hospital, you don’t want to be put on hold. Patients deserve that same care when they call your institution.
In the medical care industry, speed and accuracy are everything. Patients need to be provided with reliable care in an extremely timely fashion. In some cases, their lives may depend on it. Incredible demands for efficiency often leave courtesy and sensitivity in their wake. Nonetheless, these basic human decencies are essential for any well-functioning hospital. According to Susan Keane Baker, a practice management consultant based in Connecticut, “…you have greater credibility when your organization runs in a professional manner that emphasizes the needs of patients” (https://www.aafp.org/fpm/1998/0700/p29.html). The role of communication in a medical environment is of paramount importance; SAS’ hospital call center is committed to filling this role.
What’s an acceptable hold time when calling a hospital? Is hold time acceptable at all? For less than $300 a week, SAS ensures no callers are placed on hold – ever.
SASDelivering Outstanding Customer Support
We offer an around-the-clock call center service. Our team of trained operators has experience working in the medical care industry, and we understand the unique demands hospitals face every day. Our comprehensive, HIPAA compliant system provides everything from emergency dispatching to appointment scheduling. With us on your side, medical professionals can devote 100% of their attention to what matters most: providing quality care to all of your patients.
What We Can Do.
We have a team of more than 300 operators who are capable of handling upwards of 30,000 inbound calls a day. Whether we are acting as overflow support for your front desk, transferring calls to patients’ rooms, or taking down pre-admission details, our skilled representatives will deliver the most efficient, dependable reception services around.
- 24/7 Answering: Anyone who works in the medical field knows that 24 hour call centers to connect access to doctors, hospitals, and patients is of the utmost importance to the members of your community. Our agents are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. There is always a courteous, live-voice representative ready to assist your patients and their families, whatever their needs may be.
- Department-Specific Support: Our staff helps to direct patients to the appropriate department, improving efficiency within the hospital. Additionally, our dedicated agent service can provide support within particular departments to assist with tasks such as gathering intake information, answering referral questions, and billing and payment services.
- Emergency Dispatch: Our dispatching services can be tailored to fit pre-existing protocols and procedures for your hospital. We can contact key staff members via phone, text, email, or pager to alert them of situations that require immediate attention.
- Bilingual Support Services: As the U.S. continues to diversify, it is essential that hospital call centers offer bilingual services. With staff fluent in both English and Spanish, we are prepared to support our growing Hispanic population. At SAS, there is no such thing as a language barrier.
The benefits of working with our professional staff will be felt from day one of our partnership. We believe that great training begets great customer care, and that is why we train our operators twice as long as the industry standard. SAS will follow your regulations to a tee, assuring that all data is protected, and the patient remains our central focus.
- Increased Patient Satisfaction: Patients automatically feel safer and better cared for when they speak to a live-voice representative instead of being passed through an automated system or voicemail. We make sure that all patients will speak to one of our friendly operators in 3 rings or less. And with post-admission outbound survey calls, we will assess patients’ experiences at your facility and help ensure future patient satisfaction.
- Reduced Costs: Many of your costs are fixed, and thus, out of your control. Utilizing a medical call center to manage your phones rather than hiring and providing for additional administrative personnel can help to reduce administrative costs. With month-to-month contracts, you will only pay for the operator time you use. The cost savings you gain may help allay other expenses. Moreover, freeing up your staff from the burden of a busy phone leads to increased productivity.
- Security & Technological Excellence: We are ISO 27001 certified, and that means confidential patient information will be safe in our hands. A series of external and internal quality control checks is designed to deliver topnotch, secure service to all of our clients. We have the most advanced technology in the industry, and we record all calls for easy access in compliance matters.
SAS’ has been trusted for years by hospitals across the country. We take pride in what we do, and we think you will feel the same way! So contact us today to take advantage of our 2-week free trial. There are no tricks or hidden fees – just great service, on us. Specialty is the leading call center for hospitals nationwide, offering a portfolio of options to help you help those you serve.