Want to test your knowledge on the answering service industry? See if you can answer all 10 questions correctly. If you're feeling real lucky, test your knowledge with our telephone trivia quiz next!
1. When was the first call center created?
The answer is B. 1957
2. Who owned the first call center?
The answer is C. Time Inc.
3. What decade were call centers moved from manual to automatic systems?
The answer is C. 1970's
4. Approximately how many calls do answering services handle each year?
The answer is D. 46 Billion
5. Around how many call centers are there in the U.S?
The answer is C. 60,000
6. What state has the largest number of call centers?
The answer is A. California
7. On average, what percent of business interactions do call centers handle?
The answer is D. 70%
8. What does IVR stand for?
The answer is B. Interactive Voice Response
9. Approximately how many people are employed by call centers in the U.S.?
The answer is A. 2.5 Million
10. What percent of telemarketing companies comprise the answering service industry?
The answer is C. 80%
Answers: 1. B, 2. C, 3. C, 4. D, 5. C, 6. A, 7. D, 8. B, 9. A, 10. C