Now that you are using the world’s most professional answering service, what do you do with your old phones? Here are 25 uses.
1. Use the cord as a picture hanger.
2. Uncap the ends from the receiver, fill with marbles, put the ends back on, and use as a dumbbell.
3. Take the ends off the receiver and make it into a planter.
4. Use it to hold your pencils and pens.
5. Pretend the receiver is a laser gun and shoot down imaginary aliens!
6. Use the base as a support for a table with a busted leg.
7. See how far you can throw it in a shot put contest.
8. Use the cord to booby trap your office door. No one will bother you again!
9. In case of fire, tie some cords together and use them as an emergency exit rope.
10. Stretch out the cord and use it as a clothesline.
11. Hurl the receiver and see if it will come back to you like a boomerang. If it does, duck!
12. Use two phones as bookends.
13. Dress up like Batman, paint the phone red, and pretend it’s the Batphone.
14. Put it in a time capsule.
15. Give it to E.T. Maybe he can use it to phone home.
16. Lean a recipe book in front of it while you’re cooking.
17. Give it to a local theater company for their prop collection.
18. String a few cords together and use them as a jump rope.
19. Use two receivers as supports for doing push-ups.
20. Uncap the ends from the receiver, fill with rice, put the ends back on, and use as a maraca. Ole!
21. Use the receiver and cord as a pretend microphone.
22. Mail it to your mother-in-law with a note that says, “Don’t Call Us. We’ll Call You.”
23. Remove the keypad and adhere it to your office’s exterior. People will think you have an alarm system.
24. Keep it on your desk. Then, pick up the receiver when your boss walks by and pretend you’re working.
25. Whip up some pasta dough and use the receiver as a spaghetti extruder.